About Me

My photo
I was recently diagnosed with Distal RTA & Sjogren's Syndrome, which has been a spiritual wake up call for me. I decided to create a blog to empower myself, educate my family & friends and create support for others. I live in Central Florida with my partner, my 10-year old son, an epileptic pug and a rescued cat. I am mecurial, sensitve, passionate and intense.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

I stand corrected: more info on how the SS began

Upon further research, particulary the portion below, it would appear that I actually had the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) as a child, which caused the Mono which caused the Hep A, which caused the Sjogren's Syndrome. However, it is possible, based on the information I included in my last post, that the EBV caused the Mono and Hep A, but that when the Mono reactivated at the age of 22, the Sjogren's was caused.

*whew*

As intersting and accurate as this information is I also believe there are other factors that contributed to me contracting SS. These include my diet, toxins in the products I used (cleaning supplies, make-up, etc.) and enviornmental toxins. I also believe strongly that there are spiritual aspects, but that's another post.

Here is the information I found on EBV that I found relevant. Again this is from Wikipedia.

The Epstein–Barr virus (EBV), also called human herpesvirus 4 (HHV-4), is a virus of the herpes family and is one of the most common viruses in humans. It is best known as the cause of infectious mononucleosis. It is also associated with particular forms of cancer, particularly Hodgkin's lymphoma, Burkitt's lymphoma, nasopharyngeal carcinoma, and central nervous system lymphomas associated with HIV.[1] Finally, there is evidence that infection with the virus is associated with a higher risk of certain autoimmune diseases, especially dermatomyositis[citation needed], systemic lupus erythematosus,[2][3] rheumatoid arthritis,[3] Sjögren's syndrome,[3] and multiple sclerosis.[4]

Most people become infected with EBV and gain adaptive immunity. In the United States, and in other developed countries, many people are not infected with EBV in their childhood years. When infection with EBV occurs during adolescence or teenage years, it causes infectious mononucleosis 35 percent to 50 percent of the time.[6]


According to CDC EBV remains dormant or latent in a few cells in the throat and blood for the rest of the person's life. Periodically, the virus can reactivate and is commonly found in the saliva of infected persons. This reactivation usually occurs without symptoms of illness. EBV also establishes a lifelong dormant infection in some cells of the body's immune system.

4 comments:

  1. my info is very unscientific but I believe anything that jigs with the immune system can bugger it up and lead to sjorgens. If you have an auto immune disease in your gene pool, lupus,RA, etc sjorgens is but a hop skip and jump .

    it sounds as if you have a comedy of errors (so to speak)there, leading to your Sjorgens :(

    you didnt metion..I hope this note finds you well .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the off-topic reply, but I wanted to let you know that I gave My Empyrean World a Liebster blog award to recognize the great job you are doing!

    It's a pretty neat award. Bloggers give it to other bloggers they like, and any blog with fewer than 200 followers is eligible.

    You can see the post with your award at my blog Sjogren's Style: http://sjogrensstyle.blogspot.com/2012/03/paying-it-forward-awesome-blogs.html

    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara, you havent written in a while. How are you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I''m Charlotte Johnson,65  years old, Here in Edmonton, Canada. With the new herbal mix medicine I purchased from Dr James herbal mix medicine West Africa  was my only way to get rid of my Alzheimer's, the herbal  mix medicine effectively reversed my condition and alleviate all symptoms.  I was initially very hesitant to discuss my Alzheimer but I just hope it can still help someone. I feel this will be very important information for all Alzheimer patients, because the most violent element in society today is ignorance. Be it any condition, a healthy diet and natural herbs and roots medicine from Dr. James is the road to fast recovery. I had suffered Alzheimer for many years, I fought for proper medical recommendation, care  and all form of humane treatment with little improvement I went through many sleepless nights and periods of intense grief, as do most families. I was recommended by a friend to use Dr. James herbal mix medicine for my Alzheimer with high hope and assurance. I never doubted my friend but to contact Dr. James. And purchased His herbal mix medicine which was effective and I finally feel my Alzheimer is gone with no more symptoms. He also told me that he cures diseases such as  Lungs diseases, kidney diseases, Warts, Bipolar disorder, Shingles,  HPV, ALS, CANCER, NEPHROTIC SYNDROME, HIV / AIDS, Herpes virus, Ovarian Cancer, Pancreatic cancers, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, Glaucoma., Cataracts, Macular degeneration, Cardiovascular disease, Autism. Enlarged prostate, Osteoporosis. Alzheimer's disease, psoriasis, Tach Diseases, Lupus, Backache, dementia, skin cancer,.testicular Cancer, Leukemia, HEPATITIS A, B, C, Contact  the great one on his email    greatcureman@gmail.com
    Info @ drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete