I love making lists. I have no idea why because I don't really think my list-making obsession has made me more organized. Although I don't just make lists of that kind. I once bought a book of list ideas! Now that may sounds crazy to you, but the idea of a book full of different kinds of lists I could make, made me giddy :) Lately I've had some ideas of lists I wanted to make on here - the thing is it would be wicked fun if others shared their lists or added to mine. Anyhow, here is my list of things that make me happy right now:
1. Nights when I go to bed and I'm actually tired enough to fall asleep in less than 30-minutes.
2. Fig newtons.
3. Warm blankets, fresh out of the dryer.
4. When I hug my 10-month old nephew and he presses his cheek into my cheek; I call it our special hug.
5. My 10-year old son snuggling with me under the blanket on the couch while we each read our own book.
6. That my partner got a new full-time job that pays enough so she can stop working two jobs; now she'll work normal business hours, get paid vacation and not have to pay anything towards her health insurance.
7. My 6-year old, diva dog pug when she is so happy to see you that she gives her classic pug snort greeting & tiny little snot pubbles stick to her nose.
8. When my 4-year old rescued cat, who is only in her second winter indoors, discovered the comfort of curling up in soft blankets this morning; she was purring so loudly I could hear her across the room.
9. That I had the option of getting tofu in my pad thai at lunch today; that I went out to lunch today with my mother who treated my sister & I.
10. The clear blue skies and bright sunshine that have kept me from having a major weather-related flare up today (it's 46 degrees in Central Florida where normally it would be about 20 degrees warmer!).
11. That my 10-year old son doesn't mind me using his laptop a lot.
12. That my partner got an ipad 2 for Christmas from her cousins; she never buys herself anything & even on her birthday will ask for things the family needs.
13. That my sister and I are so close to each other. I love her so very much.
14. That my parents are planning to move back to Lancaster County within the next 3 or 4 years. This was something I was planning to do and when they decided to do the same thing, I was overjoyed.
15. Doreen Virtue's books on angels. I've read almost all of them and I've started re-reading the ones I own ever since I got home from the hospital.
16. That I discovered my holy word - Truth.
17. That I was told the name of my gaurdian angel - Serenity.
18. All the selfless people who do so much to help all the animals in need.
19. Water. Such a simple thing. Something we take for granted. It's purity and purpose intertwined to spur on our bodies so they function. I may lack some, but that only makes me more happy that I can walk over to my sink, lift the handle on the facuet and pour myself a glass of water to drink.