About Me

My photo
I was recently diagnosed with Distal RTA & Sjogren's Syndrome, which has been a spiritual wake up call for me. I decided to create a blog to empower myself, educate my family & friends and create support for others. I live in Central Florida with my partner, my 10-year old son, an epileptic pug and a rescued cat. I am mecurial, sensitve, passionate and intense.

Monday, January 2, 2012

29 Gifts

Want a fabulous way to start 2012 off on the right foot? Check out Cami Walker's webpage 29Gifts.org

I found out about this through an article in a local free publication and was fascinated. It sounded like a wicked cool idea. Best of all, Cami, though she may not know it, is a spoonie and a ChronicBabe. Yup, she's got a chronic illness just like us. Cami is 38 lives in Denver and has multiple sclerosis. Apparently after a rough, sleepless night due to a flare-up, a friend of hers suggested that she "give something away each day for 29 days" in order to stop feeling sorry for herself. On day 14 she was already feeling better - and not just emotionally. She says that her body was stronger - so much stronger that she was able to get a part-time job.

Researchers have found that people who engage in acts benefitting others their bodies tend to release more of the calming hormones like progesterone and oxytocin. I'll be adding this to my alternative healing repertoire. In fact, I start tomorrow.

The coolest thing about all of this is that you can join a community of like-minded people all on their giving journeys through the interactive tools Cami offers on her website. I have my own page, my own blog, an Inbox, a list of my friends; and there's inspiration, ideas and tons of fabulous people to meet.

I hope you will join me and take your own giving challenge and if you do be sure to let me know so I can follow your progress as well. If you're not sure if this is for you at least check out the webpage and my blog of course!

I start tomorrow but I've already posted my first entry on my blog. Visit me at givingchallenge.ning.com/profile/Tara32931

No comments:

Post a Comment